Thursday, 16 January 2014

More modelling dough much like moon dough

Well I love play dough and use it all the time, but a while ago someone bought the kids some moon dough which the happily played with for ages, but is ran out and I didn't replace it due to cost. Well since starting HE I am always after things the enjoy doing to and looking for new media. 

I stated looking around for a moon dough recipe any many came up with flour and baby oil, I tried this but the mixture just wasn't quite right, great fun but too sand like. 

So I started to experiment and I have found a mixture I am happy with so here is the recipe to share with you all

1 part baby oil
4 parts cornflour
Food colouring (optional)

Add the flour to a bowl, and stir in the baby oil and food colouring if using, mix until powdery then get your hands in to make sure it is well mixed. Your hands will come out feeling slightly oily and coated in a fine layer of cornflour but it actually leaves them feeling quite soft! 

So here it is 


But beware it can get quite messy as it breaks up into a powder when squashed


Have fun playing!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment