Friday, 21 June 2013

The LEA

Well we have been home educating for a while now and I think we are starting to enjoy it. Our lessons are child led by interest and I make a conscious effort to answer as fully as possible every question asked of me by the children. 

The LEA have been in touch and want the education welfare officer responsible for elective home education to visit us as soon as possible, many people have advised that I should avoid this and refuse a visit certainly after such a short space of time. I also want my daughter school records though and I feel that refusing the visit would only delay that process. 

My concern from correspondence is that they have not yet deregistered my daughter from school, however with the help of education otherwise I have pointed out that this is illegal and I am awaiting their response.

I am hoping this will resolve the issue and I will receive the records from the school very soon but I am meeting with the LEA next Friday, so we will see how it goes and whether the meeting runs smoothly or I end up with more problems! 

No comments:

Post a Comment