Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Wow moments and happy children

Well since my last post I have had a couple of great moments with the kids. Now all my time with them is fantastic but these are particularly notable. 

My eldest daughter now 6 before bed the other night said she would like to read us a story and she did , she also read very well and this is the girl that when she came out of school declared she hated reading. But time patience and not pushing it have paid off and she is now reading for pleasure yay. 

My younger daughter now 4, has also decided she wants to learn to read and comes and asks all sorts of questions about letters and words and goes through words with me trying to see how many she can read! Exciting times

I have also finally sorted the kids a desk for the computer they were given so now they have free access to the computer (minus the internet) and lots of lovely games I was given to play on it with so I foresee many hours of quiet in our house as they try and work out the games!


No comments:

Post a Comment