Thursday, 22 August 2013

Total chaos and a trip to the zoo

It has been a while since I have posted, now although I didn't plan on breaking fully for the school holidays I seem to have been swamped with things to do from family visits to running activities at my church! We have done so much and I just keep forgetting to share!

So on Tuesday this week while visiting family we went to Dudley zoological gardens. It was a fantastic day out and we spent 6.5 hours walking around the zoo so we were all very tired. The zoo I built on castle hill so as the name implies there is a castle at the top. The children loved it and now want to learn more about medieval times and knights and castles. So one little visit has given us a project! 


We walked around the outer wall and entry as above and went up the castle the views were amazing


And the range of animals was wonderful we saw tigers and meerkats, monkeys and reptiles. A whole range of creature and now we plan on putting a little animal book together with photos of the animals in and information about each one on the page so a great little science project!


The Sumatran tiger
The Siberian tiger


The Barbary sheep
A dwarf crocodile


And we must not forget the chair lift and the amazing view on the way up and down castle hill









No comments:

Post a Comment